Wednesday, June 20, 2012

DEPP SINGLE AGAIN... n to be single again!

I started this morning, rather gray and angry. A couple of things had gone wrong and a couple of people were plainly insensitive. I looked at my phone, and there on google news was the news that Johnny Depp is on the single market again!!! After 14 years and two kids, he is finally single and hopefully ready to mingle (that last part was of course left out by his publicist). I think it is insensitive of me to smile while really I should be sad that it is an end to a loooong relationship, and that no matter what a piece of paper would have said, these two are in all intent and purporse, divorced. Which means, those two angels of theirs are going through what countless kids have had to go through when the D- deed happens.
Anyways, now that I have acknowledged my faulty judgement I will continue with my self profession. I did smile, and its at the thought of a sexy man like him being single again. Not that we hate Vannessa Pardis, but its just not allowed for one woman to own him. I guess secretly (well not so now thats It's on the internet), its the rejoicing to know that celebrities are as miserable as the rest of us. They make mistakes and they do not have perfect marriages, just like the rest of us. I guess this ultimately led me to think of marriages and the reason why people get to it. Because for all Johnny Depp's colourful love life, he has only walked once down the aisle. Given yes, he has been engaged numerous times, but that institution, I feel has remained sacred to him. It also made me think why people want to get married if they could have it easy as these two.
Recently I had a proposal, of some sort really. The gentleman said I shoud marry him. Simple as that. Now do not get me wrong, I am not a romantic and the guy, given better speech, I would be inclined to accept but I did not think marriage proposals just appeared like that. I asked this gentleman friend of mine why he would want to get married. He replied "Am of age, my mom expects me to be married". That really scared me. The was not a single intent in that sentence that actually said that he had considered marriage to ME, and neither did it even indicate that it was his own personal choice.  It was simply, he is getting a piece of paper in the CHURCH of all things.
I actually live in a country that would be enough, for I feel we live in England 17th century where a girl's job was to find a suitable husband, and that's where her happiness lies. But even then, much as I have heard of the period, the gentleman still had to profess some regard (yes that what love was defined before the ballads were set forth on us) or the lady show some inclination to have it. There must be some attraction- apart from the fortunes, to get into the arrangements. But we now have people reverting to worse arrangements than that. If I wanted such a proposal, I would gladly make my father the happiest man on earth by letting me arrange a husband for me.
why go through women emancipation at all! I fear people enter into marriages with the wrong reasons, and they take it as a refuge for the wrong reasons. I have stopped counting the number of times that I heard on the radio a woman saying how her husband had changed after they got engaged but before they got married. Yet she still went aheard and married him!!! Often they would be heard saying "Nilivumilia nikijua hii ndio ndoa" ("I was patient, saying this is marriage"), but it is not marriage yet! How could a piece of paper change anything? If he is not kind to you now, why would you see him as your better half? I do not think a half of you is suppose to make you miserable, infact, my limited knowledge in human anatomy has taught me that every organ has a part to play to keep you alive, if not happy then comfortable.
I would say, take it from Mr. Depp. If your right leg causes you to sin CUT IT OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment